Invest in a business asset that will pay dividends for years to come. Spend your hard earned technology dollars wisely on the Savin CLP42DN Color Laser Printer. Solidly built for lasting value, this powerful yet easy-to-use network printer combines speed, reliability, and superior image quality with a broad range of media support. The Savin CLP42DN does it all at a low cost of ownership with security and cost-saving tools that make dynamic color accessible to every authorized user.
- Offers full-color and monochrome print speeds of 42 pages per minute.
- Rip through files faster with the high-performance 600MHz CPU and vast megabytes of memory. Get full-color first prints in as little as 15 seconds.
- Maximize uptime and ease of use with long-lasting supplies designed for quick and clean replacement, plus an angled 4-line LCD that displays system and consumable status at a glance.
- Produce vibrant color output and crisp text at true 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution for superior results.
- Optimize output quality for every job with advanced color calibration, ink simulation, and PANTONE® color matching support.
- Drive down printing costs with long-lasting supplies that yield up to 21,000 pages per color (CMY) toner bottle*. (* Toner yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798.)
- Install up to three optional 550-Sheet Paper Feed Units for a maximum 2,300- sheet capacity. Keep up to 5 different media sizes/types available at all times for unmatched flexibility.
- Adjust each paper tray for media sizes up to 8.5” x 14” with support for thick stocks up to 120 lb. Index. Duplex printing is supported up to 90 lb. Index.
- Use the 100-Sheet Bypass Tray for extra heavy stocks up to 140 lb. Index and special media like static cling paper, waterproof/coated papers, and banners up to 8.5” x 49” long.
- Restrict device access, set volume limits, and track printer usage for up to 500 individual users.
- Use the 80 GB Hard Disk Drive to enable advanced features like Locked Print, Stored Print, and Hold Print.
- Send print jobs securely form any computer to a network connected CLP42DN with Enhanced Locked Print - NX. Once stored, users can retrieve files from any other ELP-NX enabled device on the network.* (*-ELP-NX FlexRelease server required.)
|Part #||- #406658|
|Technology||- Laser beam scanning & electrophotographic printing 4 drum tandem method|
|Resolution||- 1200 x 1200 dpi (1 bit)|
|Print Speed (Letter)||- 42-ppm Full-color & Monochrome|
|First Print Speed||- Full-color: 15 seconds Monochrome: 10 seconds|
|Warm-Up Time||- 50 seconds or less|
|Standard Paper Supply||- 550-Sheet Tray + 100-Sheet Bypass Tray|
|Optional Paper Supply||- 550-Sheet Paper Feed Unit (Up to 3 may be installed)|
|Maximum Paper Capacity||- 2,300 sheets|
|Automatic Duplexing||- Standard|
|Output Capacity||- 500 sheets, face down|
|Paper Sizes||- Std. & Optional Trays: Letter (8.5” x 11”), Legal (8.5” x
14”), Executive (10.5” x 7.25”), Half
Letter (5.5” x 8.5”), A4 (210 x 297
mm), A5 (148 x 210 mm), A6 (105
x 148 mm), B5 (148 x 257 mm), B6
(128 x 182 mm), F (8” x 13”),
Foolscap (8.5” x 13”), Folio (8.25” x
C6/C5/DL, Custom Size Range:
Width: 3.86” – 8.5” (98 – 216
mm), Length: 5.83” – 14” (148 –
Bypass Tray Letter (8.5” x 11”), Legal (8.5” x 14”), Executive (10.5” x 7.25”), Half Letter (5.5” x 8.5”), A4 (210 x 297 mm), A5 (148 x 210 mm), A6 (105 x 148 mm), B5 (148 x 257 mm), B6 (128 x 182 mm), F (8” x 13”), Foolscap (8.5” x 13”), Folio (8.25” x 13”), Envelopes: Com10/Monarch/ C6/C5/DL, Custom Size Range: Width: 2.76” – 8.5” (70 – 216 mm), Length: 5.0” – 49.6” (127 – 1260 mm)
|Paper Types||- Paper Types (all sources): Plain Paper, Recycled Paper, Middle Thick Paper, Thick Paper, Thin Paper, Transparency, Letterhead, Labels, Coated Paper (Glossy/Semi- Gloss/Matte), Waterproof, Preprinted, Envelopes|
|Paper Weights||- Std. & Optional Trays: 14 – 59 lb. Bond/120 lb. Index (52 – 220 g/m²)|
Bypass Tray: Bypass Tray 14 – 69 lb. Bond/140 lb. Index(52 – 256 g/m²)
When Duplexing: 16 – 44 lb. Bond/90 lb. Index (60 – 163 g/m²)
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||- 17.48” x 25.91” x 19.29” (444 x 658 x 490 mm)|
|Weight||- 126 lb. (57 kg) Includes standard paper tray and PCU|
|Power Requirements||- 120 – 127V, 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||- Operating: 894W or less|
Energy Saver: 110W
|Safety Regulations||- UL60950-1, CAN/CSA C22.2|
|EMI||- FCC Part15 Subpart B, IC ES-003|
|Environmental Standard||- ENERGY STAR Version 2.0, ECP|
|Note: Support for specialty media like Aqua Ace Waterproof media and static cling paper are available. Please check with your local dealer for availability.|
|PRINT CONTROLLER SPECIFICATIONS|
|CPU||- 600 MHz|
|Memory||- 768 MB RAM standard / maximum|
|Hard Disk Drive||- 80 GB (standard)|
|Standard Interfaces||- 10/100Base-TX Ethernet, USB 2.0 (Type A & B)|
|Optional Interfaces||- IEEE 802.11a/g Wireless LAN, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 1284/ECP Parallel|
|Fonts||- PCL: 45 fonts + 13 International fonts, PostScript 3: 136 fonts|
|Printer Languages||- PCL 5c, PCL 6, Adobe PostScript 3 + PDF Direct Print, PictBridge (optional)|
|Network Protocols||- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), AppleTalk, IPX/ SPX (optional)|
|Supported Environments||- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7*, Server 2003/2003R2, Server 2008; Mac OS 8.6 or later; Novell Netware v.6.5 or later; UNIX (Filter Phase 11) Sun Solaris, HP-UX, SCO OpenServer, RedHat Linux, IBM AIX; SAP R/3 v.3.x or later; Citrix MetaFrame|
|Security Features||- Enhanced Locked Print-NX|
User Authentication (5 types)
SNMP v3 Authentication
128-bit SSL Print Job Data
500 User Codes
User Lockout/Auto Logout
HDD Data Encryption (option)
Address Book & Password
WPA (Wi-Fi Protect Access)
|* Security features may require 80 GB Hard Disk Drive and other optional equipment|