The Pro 8120s black-and-white production MFP offers a combination of power and versatility to deliver high-quality output that impresses system operators as much as customers. Take advantage of easy-to-use-controls and advanced print technology to perform a wide range of commercial and corporate production tasks with incredible precision in less time. Designed to print quickly on diverse media, it adds capacity to your workflow and can contribute to your bottom line. Select it as the primary device in production-class print environments, or integrate it with an extensive managed Document Services (MDS) strategy.
- Take advantage of 1200 x 4800 dpi resolution to produce reports, booklets, newsletters and more with crisp text and images.
- The Pro 8120s uses a new, granular toner with smaller, more uniform particles to create sharper shapes and smoother halftones.
- Innovative Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) technology produces 1200 x 4800 image resolution for precise front-to-back registration. Plus, the Pro 8120s maintains exceptional alignment on each page for booklets, postcards and other two-sided documents.
- The Pro 8120s prints up to 135 pages per minute for incredible throughput, with duty cycle runs up to three million prints per month.
- Intelligent controls maintain optimal temperatures, which extend duty cycles and part life. Paper guides are designed to reduce static electricity and optimize papersensing sequencing for maximum uptime.
- Ample paper capacity of 8,850 sheets is bolstered by diverse media handling that enables users to print on paper up to 13" x 19.2" (SRA3++).
- Print postcards with thicker stocks up to 300g/m2 for standard output and up to 256g/m2 for duplex.
- The Pro 8120s accommodates textured, heavy-coated and other special stocks automatically — including envelopes. A robust Paper Library features preset and fully customizable paper settings. The library also includes more than 60 frequently used printing attributes to ensure reliability and productivity.
- The large control panel offers thumbnail views, previews and versatile editing controls. It’s raised to give users immediate access while keeping them in a comfortable working position.
- An Operator Call light extends from the top of the MFP so users can be alerted quickly — even across the room — that the device requires attention for low supply levels or other service needs.
- An Active Tray indicator light on each paper tray signals which one is in use, so refills can be completed without interrupting print runs.
|Standard Modes||- Copy/Print/Scan|
|Print/Copy Process||- Electrostatic transfer with indirect image transfer system|
|Fusing||- Oil-less belt fusing method|
|System Memory||- 500GB (250GB x 2)|
|Document Feeder||- Standard 220-Sheet ADF with single-pass color duplex scanning|
|Control Panel||- Full-color 10.4" SVGA touch panel|
|Copy Resolution||- Up to 1200 x 4800 dpi|
|Paper Registration||- Sensor and Mechanical|
|Quantity Indicator||- 1 – 9,999|
|Original Size||- Up to 11" x 17" (297 x 432mm) (from platen)|
|Warm-Up Time||- Less than 360 sec. (from main switch)|
|First Copy Time||- 4.6 sec.|
|Output Speed||- 135 ppm|
|ADF Speed||- Simplex: 110 ppm|
Duplex: 220 ppm B&W or Color
|Paper Capacity||- Tray 1: 1,100 x 2|
Trays 2 – 3: 550 x 2
Total Standard / Max. Capacity: 3,300/ 8,850 sheets
|Paper Size||- Tray 1: 8.5" x 11"|
Trays 2 – 3: 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17"
|Paper Weight||- Trays 1 – 3: 14 lb. Bond – 95 lb. Cover|
(52 – 256 g/m²)
|Magnification||- 7 reduction and 5 enlargement|
|Zoom||- 25% to 400% in 1% increments|
|Power Requirements||- 208-240V/20A/60Hz (dedicated)|
|Typical Energy Consumption (TEC)||- 18.6 kWh/Week|
|Max Power Consumption||- 3,600W or less|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||- 52" x 43.3" x 57.5" (1,320 x 1,100 x 1,460mm)|
|Weight||- 915 lbs. (415 kg)|
|- Duplex, Simplified Display, Auto Paper Selection, Auto Reduce/Enlarge, Auto Start, Auto Tray Switching, Auto Image Density, User Codes (1,000), Job Programs (25), Electronic Sort/Stack, Image Rotation, Rotate Sorting, Interrupt Copy, User Tools, Job Presets, Book/Series/Combine Copying, Cover/Chapter/Slip Sheet, Tabs, Sample Copy, Stamps/Numbering, Bates Numbering, Shift/Erase/Margin Adjustment, Customizable Home Screen, Import/Export of Preference Settings, Eco-Friendly Indicator, Power On/Off Timer, External USB Keyboard Support, MFP Browser for @Remote, Copy Reservation (8), A3/DLT Counter.|
|- DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS), Data Encryption (Address Book, SSL Communication, S/MIME, IPsec Communication, HDD) User Authentication (Windows, LDAP, Basic, User Code, 802.1.x Wired), Unauthorized Copy/Print Control, Quota Setting, SMTP over SSL, Mandatory Security Information Print (Compulsory Security Stamp)|
|PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)|
|CPU||- Intel Celeron Processor P4505 – 1.86 GHz|
|HDD||- 500GB (250GB x 2)|
|Max Print Resolution||- 1200 x 4800 dpi via VCSEL|
|Standard Interfaces||- Ethernet (1000/100/10Base-TX), USB2.0 Type A/Type B, SD slot|
|Optional Interfaces||- IEEE 1284/ECP, Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11a/b/ g/n), Bluetooth|
|Network Protocol||- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX (with NetWare option), AppleTalk|
|Network Operating Systems||- Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/Server 2003R2/Server 2008/Server 2008R2; NetWare 6.5; UNIX Sun Solaris, HP-UX, SCO OpenServer, RedHat Linux, IBM AIX; MAC OS X 10.2 or later; SAP R/3; NPDS Gateway; IBM iSeries AS/400 using OS/400 Host Print Transform|
|Print Drivers||- Standard: PCL5c, PCL6 (XL), PDF, XPS|
Optional: Adobe PS3, IPDS
|Fonts||- PCL: 45 scalable + 13 international;|
PDF: 136 Roman; IPDS: 108 Roman (optional)
|Printer Features||- Sample/Locked/Hold/Stored Print, Store and Print, PDF Direct Print, Mail to Print, Classification Code, Bonjour Support, Windows Active Directory Support, DDNS Support, PCL Resident Font Adoption, Mobile Driver, XPS Support, WS Print, Media Direct Print, Banner Page Print, Auto Job Promotion, Poster Print, WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)|
|SCANNER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)|
|Scanning Resolution||- Up to 600 dpi (TWAIN: 1200 dpi)|
|Output Format||- Single Page: TIFF/JPEG/PDF/High|
Multi Page: TIFF/PDF/High Compression PDF
|Scan Area||- Up to 11.7" x 17" (297 x 432mm)|
|Compression||- B&W – 1bit (MH/MR/MMR/JBIG2), Grayscale (JPEG); Full-Color (JPEG)|
|Interface Support||- Ethernet 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000Base-T, USB2.0 Type A, SD card slot, Optional Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n)|
|Authentication||- SMTP/POP before SMTP|
|Scanner Features||- Scan to USB/SD, WS Scanner, Scan-to Email/ SMB/FTP/URL/NCP/PDF/A/Digitally Signed PDF/Searchable PDF, TWAIN Scanning, LDAP Support, Universal Send, Distributed Scan Management, Preview Before Transmission, PDF Encryption, Drop Out Color Send, B&W/FC Photo, B&W/FC Text, Auto Color Selection, Auto Density, Auto Size Detection, Image Rotation, Mixed Size/SADF/Batch Mode, Reduce and Enlarge, Split Scan, JBIG2 Compression Support|
|DOCUMENT SERVER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)|
|Max. Stored Documents||- 3,000|
|Max. Pages per Document||- 1,000|
|Max. Stored Pages||- 9,000|
|Folder Management||- With password, up to 200 personal folders|